Tuesday 30 September 2014

Joshua

Hi! Um... I haven't post for so long, and that's because... well... I haven't read the Bible etc. in so long. No, in fact I have, but not enough to write anything about it. Then I started read it again, and trying to catch up, but until now I am still stuck in Joshua *grin*. I hope I will reach my target : To finish read the Bible within this year. Not realistic enough? Ough, you are mean.

Well, maybe for some person this is an inappropriate thing to do, but I always read with enjoyment. And I am a fantasy- story lover. And you know, JOSHUA IS A REALLY REALLY COOL BOOK if you are a fantasy lover, and the war scene is just loveable.

At one point of Joshua, he walk aimlessly and found a man with full war equipment. When he tried to confirm to the man whether he is an enemy or friend, the answer is "No, but as Commander of the army of the Lord I have now come." HOW COOL IS THAT to meet the Commander of the army of the Lord IN FULL ARMOR *died*.
Some theologian said that it's God itself, and it increase it awesomeness. Imagine the image of Jesus in full armor. Hmmm! Isn't it a bit like Arragorn from the Lord of the Rings? XD

A bit after that, they win the war, and it was more of the God's war than the man, why? Because there are more kill by Rain of Stones than by swords. It's cool. Like totally. I am reminded of Kafka on the shore's fish raining, but of course this is cooler. Kyaaa

Another note, I have never realized that Joshua's story only focused on one book : his. I really think he is around for the Judges, but no. 

ALl in all, even if it's just one book, it's a cool enough book to read by. I am in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment