Monday 24 March 2014

Something from Nehemia

I get something from the morning reflection yesterday

It's about Nehemia, someone who are high enough to make the King personally heard his plea and permit him to go back there to restore it

Like, really, Nehemia actually was not brave enough to even told what his intention are and take the grant from the King as a gift from God

If it is me, if I am the one whose wish are granted by the King, I would think that I AM the factor that made the King grant my request. Afterall, my position is high and so, maybe, the King has been my friend and ally! I would be very proud of myself, not thankful to God for his protection and mercy to lead the King's heart to open up to my request.
It's frustating, right? I am a very arrogant person, I know that. But this is the first time I have ever compare it to the action of a humble person, so the difference is stricking
And I am ashamed of myself, now. I will try more to hand God's glory to God. Weird as it sounds, but that's what I have been doing up to this day, stealing God's glory, claiming it to be my success.

Now I hope I will remember that every success I had, it was God's work in me

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment