Friday 21 March 2014

First impression

Today's morning reflection talked about David's first inaguration as the king of Israel. Truthfully, I have read this passages enough that I begin to underestimate and just read it as a pass through.
I mean, yes yes, God could see through people's heart, and we humans usually just see the outer appereances.
However, this time, the message is a bit different; it's "Don't be so sure of your impression of people"

I am usually very sure of my judgement of people. I believe it, and I act on it. Not many could lift my previous judgement to people. I like to classify people and put them in some level or group. And I am rock sure about that.

Even if the people appear to be normal and okay, or even popular, if I said they are bad, then they are bad, and the outer performance is just a decoy

However, I usually do that without any substantial evidences or base.
And well, yeah... It is wrong, isn't it? Even if they prove me wrong I usually didn't care. It's the same if I believe someone is good. If they made some very bad deeds, then its just mistakes.

And sometimes, the people could feel my judgement through my polished act and I feel... Hardened towards them.

So, yeah. What did I knew better about people? Why did I sometimes put a harsh judgement against them?

No comments:

Post a Comment